What Is A Public Adjuster
A public adjuster is a State licensed insurance professional who works for a fee on behalf of the policyholder to settle a claim. They will help to:
• Valuate the total loss, including building damage, your personal property and contents of your house, and additional living expenses while repairs are being made;
• Review your policy to identify all aspects of coverage that could be applied to your claim;
• Present the claim to your insurance carrier;
• Negotiate with the insurance carrier on your behalf; and
• Settle the claim quickly and efficiently for the maximum amount you are entitled to.
By hiring a public adjuster, however, you have an expert on your side with the experience needed to increase the settlement to the amount you deserve. It’s never too late to hire a public adjuster. It’s very common for homeowners and business owners to try to handle property damage claims on their own, especially if it’s the first time they’ve incurred such damages.